From: karl wettin <kalle@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] a bunch of problems i got when updating my ibook
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:02:40
1 On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:49:46 +0200
2 David Holm <dholm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > |>>Seeing as how you have java installed, your firefox problems are
5 > |>>probably being caused by the java plugin, which isn't compatible
6 > |>>with newer versions of mozilla/firefox. Remove the plugin and see
7 > |>>if that fixes your problem. There currently is no Java plugin
8 > |>>available for PPC.
9 > |>
10 > |>I'm not sure what would be the java-plugin, or if it's even
11 > installed:
12 >
13 > Why do you use blackdown at all? Stick with ibm and use
14 > opera/konqueror for java-enabled pages (they don't require a plugin).
17 The IBM JDK/JRE doesn't work with IntelliJ, my prefered Java IDE.
18
19 DRM does not compile with anything else but 2.4 kernels.
20
21 I'm falling back on my old Xfree when I get home from work.
26 karl
29 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list