From: Rob Raines <robojerk@××××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] BootX problem
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 01:33:32
1 On 4/30/02 8:27 AM, "Ben Sayer" <bsayer@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 >> I picked up a bit of the answer from a SuSE readme file. It specifies
5 >> that if one gets a crc error during the boot, one should restart MacOS
6 >> without extensions (hold down the shift key) and then repeat the BootX
7 >> procedure. This does indeed work for me in that I get to a very different
8 >> part of the installation process (keymap selection).
9 >
10 > I found that, in addition to the above, I needed to create symlinks for /
11 > usr/bin/cat, /usr/bin/cut, /usr/bin/clear, and /sbin/ifconfig to busybox
12 > in the initrd image then use the new image as a ramdisk. The emerge rsync
13 > is in progess now...
14 >
15 > P.S. I found that turning virtual memory off in MacOS was what was
16 > required to end the crc error--booting without extensions accomplished
17 > this (and more).
18 >
19 > --Ben
22 Hey it works! I booted up my mac w extensions off, and booted bootx and I
23 actually got the installer. My mac is running 9.1 so some older OS's might
24 run fine. I can now actually start playing with this thing.
25 Rob
27 > gentooppc-user mailing list
28 > gentooppc-user@g.o