From: bjgilger@×××.net
To: Colin Kingsley <ckingsley@×××××.com>, gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Yaboot Problem
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:29:53
1 > It would be helpfull if we knew more about how you set up your system.
2 > Did you go with the handbook and make a seperate /boot partition? and
3 > what did you call your kernel image?
4 >
5 > Also, what was the last few lines of text before if froze? was there an error?
6
7 I followed the handbook explicitly. I did not make a /boot partition.
8
9 After compiling the kernel, I copied it to /boot/kernel-2.6.7.
10
11 Yabootconfig complained that /boot/kernel-2.6.7 w3as not a valid path, nor /usr/src/linux/vmlinux, nor usr/src/full kernel-name/vmlinux.
12
13 I made a manual yaboot.conf file following the example in the handbook and ran mkofboot -v.
14
15 mkmofboot asked if I wanted the bootstrap partition to be a HFS filesystem -- I said Yes.
16
17 When I get home this evening, I will try to boot again and send the last 5 or 6 lines before the freeze.
18
19 Further research into the details of yaboot seem to indicate that perhaps yaboot is working. Perhaps the problem is in the kernel or something.
20
21 Do I need to copy vmlinux to the root directory so that the path would be /vmlinux?
22
23 --John
27 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list