From: Barry Hawkins <ly5t5@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo PPC User List <gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Failure of `emerge system` with 1.4 on 15" PowerBook G4
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:42:13
1 List,
2 Hello. I joined this list yesterday, and have not seen any traffic
3 from it yet. Are the forums preferred over mailing lists for Gentoo?
4 If so, I will post there.
5 I am trying to install from LiveCD 1 for Gentoo Linux 1.4 for PowerPC
6 G4. The system is a 15" PowerBook G4 1GHz (Aluminum). Following the
7 online instructions for installation, everything seems to go fine until
8 it is time for me to run `emerge system`. Here is what happens:
9
10 # emerge system
11 ...
12 configure: error: perl not found
13 !!! ERROR: sys-devel/automake-1.7.8 failed
14 !!! Function src-compile, Line 102, Exitcode 1
15 !!! (no error message)
16
17 The only other problem I had experienced was the net-setup bash script
18 not being found when I was instructed to run it. I simply used `dhcpcd
19 eth0` and everything worked fine. I am doing a stage 2 install, and
20 using the Internet download option for emerge. The command `emerge
21 sync` took about five tries before I was able to run successfully.
22 I appreciate any guidance. If I do not hear from anyone soon, I will
23 assume that I should post this to the forums.
24
25 Regards,
26 --
27 Barry C. Hawkins