From: Martin Monsorno <Martin.Monsorno@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Cannot use keyboard on my ibook after installation
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:01:19
1 Hi *,
2
3 on the weekend I successfully installed the latest gentoo version on
4 my new ibook. I booted with the 1.2 boot-CD, everything went well,
5 just using the german keyboard layout does not work, therefore I used
6 the default US keyboard layout.
7
8 Installation, compiling, and compiling a kernel was successful, but
9 after booting the new installed system, I cannot use the keyboard at
10 all. I then copied the kernel from the boot cd to /boot, with which
11 everything went well while installing, and added it to the boot
12 configuration. Booting with this kernel makes it possible to use the
13 keyboard, but the keys have not the same meaning as they should,
14 e.g. 'k' produces a 'l' and 'backspace' an 'e'.
15
16 Does anyone have an idea what can cause these problems?
19 Martin Monsorno mailto:Martin.Monsorno@×××××××××.de
20 exolution GmbH http://www.exolution.de/
21 Sendlinger Straße 47 Tel.: +49 89 / 28 67 89 - 15
22 80331 München Fax.: +49 89 / 28 67 89 - 28
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list