From: Alden Huang <alden.huang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] pbbuttonsd question
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:05:44
1 Eric Robertson wrote:
2
3 > I had a problem when I upgraded kernels as well. When on the 2.6.15
4 > kernel I2C was a module. I did not change this config when I first
5 > compiled the 2.6.16 kernel. I re-compiled w/ I2C compiled intot he
6 > kernel & the lcd & sensor started to work but I still cannot get the
7 > keyboard light to work.
8 >
9 > Konstantin V. Gavrilenko wrote:
10 >
11 >> I have the same problem as you do, but in my case the ambient lights
12 >> sensor doesn't work either.
13 >> This happened after a switch from 2.6.15 to 2.6.16. I think the reasons
14 >> might be in the I2C module that has been changed.
15 >>
16 >> In the 2.6.15 it was I2C_KEYWEST while in 2.6.16 it is named
17 >> I2C_POWERMAC.
18 >> Wrote an email to the author of the pbbuttons but had no reply. It would
19 >> be great if we can sort out the problem in this list.
20 >>
21 >> p.s.
22 >> machine : PowerBook5,4
23 >> motherboard : PowerBook5,4 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
24 >> detected as : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
25 >>
26 >> pbbuttonsd, version 0.7.5
27 >> Linux maca 2.6.16-gentoo-r7
28 >>
29 >> yours,
30 >> kos
35 Hi there,
36
37 I'm not sure if this will be of help... I have an older model G4 ibook
38 (with a G3 proc) which does not have the lighted keyboard feature...
39
40 check to make sure you have event interface enabled (the EVDEV module)
41 in your kernel. Also enable APM emulation or something like that under
42 the new Mac drivers menu.
43
44 I've also noticed that the pbbuttonsd.conf default kbd light value is 0,
45 maybe that needs a different value? Have you tried changing the light
46 sensor threshold values as well? also running pbbcmds? any luck with that?
47
48 I dunno...hope this was somewhat helpful...
49
50 best,
51 alden
52 --