From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Xorg + DRI on G3?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:19:40
On Mon, 28 May 2007, David Gurvich wrote:

> The end of block range error is trivial and happens on most ppc macs. The > real problem is the XIO error. That usually happens when there is no driver > in the kernel for your video card, the driver is misconfigured, or the wrong > driver is used in xorg.conf. If the driver is fine, I would suggest trying > the following options in xorg.conf: > > *Confirm that the driver name is correct > *Use DefaultDepth max of 16, you might try less > *Try lower resolutions ie 800x600 instead of 1024x768 > *You might try turning drm off entirely
Yes, the driver was the problem after all. I have the basic stuff working now and wanted to report back here. It turns out that I had "Apple UniNorth & U3 AGP support" configured as a MODULE instead of built-in. Loading the module manually and running X got the basic stuff working. After more tweaking I now have 24bit color running at 1600x1200 ;-) -- A -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list