From: David <david@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Problems in final stages..
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 15:05:55
1 Gentoo just changed its naming scheme for kernel sources. Since ppc
2 portage has been stalled for a few days in anticipation of merging with
3 x86 portage, that hasn't been reflected in our tree. As Ben says,
4 "emerge linux-sources" should do the trick.
5
6 Chris wrote:
7
8 >I'm stuck again.. I've successfully complete all the steps up to
9 >emerge sys-kernel/gentoo-sources ... When I run that command (I'm
10 >chrooted into the enviroment and in the /usr/portage dir) I get the
11 >error 'Couldn't find match for sys-kernel: aborting'
12 >following the manual I gues I could just download the source make the
13 >patches and compile normally, but I just wanted to make sure that I'm
14 >not missing something..
15 >
16 >Thanks again..
17 > Chris