From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xorg not working.
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 13:58:48
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 darren kirby wrote:
5 > quoth the Joseph Jezak:
6 >
7 > Thanks for the reply,
8 >
9 >> Well, two suggestions here:
10 >>
11 >> 1. From the radeon man page:
12 >> Option "ReverseDDC" "boolean"
13 >> When BIOS connector informations aren't available, use this
14 >> option to reverse the mapping of the 2 main DDC ports. Use this
15 >> if the X serve obviously detects the wrong display for each
16 >> connector. This is typically needed on the Radeon 9600 cards
17 >> bundled with Apple G5s. The default is off.
18 >>
19 >> 2. Try adding
20 >> Option "MergedFB" "false"
21 >> It looks like it's detecting both heads, not monitors attached to
22 >> both heads.
23 >
24 > I tried both of these ideas, separately and together. Seem to be getting
25 > closer. Instead of a blank screen I get random coloured vertical bars on
26 > parts of the screen. Still get this:
27 >
28 > (II) RADEON(0): Primary:
29 > Monitor -- TMDS
30 > Connector -- DVI-D
31 > DAC Type -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
32 > TMDS Type -- Internal
33 > DDC Type -- VGA_DDC
34 > (II) RADEON(0): Secondary:
35 > Monitor -- CRT
36 > Connector -- VGA
37 > DAC Type -- Primary
38 > TMDS Type -- External
39 > DDC Type -- DVI_DDC
40 >
41 > Should note here, there is no VGA connector on the card. There is a DVI
42 > connector (the one I am using) and the one that looks like DVI, but bigger,
43 > ADC I think?
44 >
45 >> If that doesn't work, please let us know. :)
46 >> -Joe
47 >
48 > Still no joy. Sorry for taking so long to get back to the list, I had to go
49 > out...
50 >
51 > -d
52
53 Alright, one more thing to test, can you try adding:
54 Option "UseFBDev" "boolean"
55 With either false or true?
56
57 Stick with it, we'll get it working ;)
58 - -Joe
67 --
68 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list