From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Hwclock error
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:47:39
1 Flisk . wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 > Here where I work we received a G4 computer and I started to install
4 > a Gentoo 2006.0. The computer is a G4 2 CPU's 512MB of memory 2 HD, I
5 > started to install Gentoo 2006.0 from stage 1 and everything gone well.
6 > I installed with cpu flag as G4 and O2.
7 > But when the computer restarted a problem appeared with hwclock,
8 > when I execute the hwclock an error appear. The error is something like:
9 > "select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out" and the date in
10 > Linux stay 1970, the bios time is correctly because when I boot the
11 > Gento CD the hwclock work perfectly. I already recompiled the kernel
12 > with many options but nothing solve the problem.
13 > I believe that the problem is with some kernel option that I forgot
14 > or some patch, because in the Gentoo CD the hwclock works perfectly.
15 > What kernel option or patch can be solve the problem? Hints?
16 > Best regards.
17 >
18 > ------------------------
19 > Fernando Simon
20 > Brazil
22
23 Make sure that you have enabled the RTC Emulation options in your kernel
24 as described in this forum post:
25 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-374360-highlight-hwclock.html
26
27 -Joe