From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Audio installation
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:57:38
1 Hello Matthew
2
3 On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:32:17AM +0000, Matthew Polashek wrote:
4 > I'm interested in making my Powerbook G4 1.5 17" a dual boot Gentoo
5
6 Which model exactly?
7
8 > Also, I'd like to use a kernel with the Ingo Molnar realtime
9 > preemption patch.
10
11 I don't know that specific patch, but preemption on PowerPC isn't what
12 you actually want. It causes programs to crash because of a corrupted
13 cache. It used to work when one enabled SMP, but I'm not sure wether
14 this is still the case.
15
16 Greets,
17 Michael
20 Gentoo Linux developer, http://hansmi.ch/, http://forkbomb.ch/
21 In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable.
22 Then howcome people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
23 (By hasku@××××××××.fi, Hasse Skrifvars)