From: Riccardo Gusso <grick@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problems with keyboard mapping
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:37:34
1 Hello everybody,
2 I am using the original usb keyboard of my iMac rev.B, that is similar
3 to the correspondent American one, except for the order of the letters
4 (first ones are qzerty and not qwerty) and the presence of accented
5 vocals. In my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 the following lines to use it:
6
7 Section "InputDevice"
8 Identifier "Keyboard0"
9 Driver "keyboard"
10 Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
11 Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
12 Option "XkbLayout" "it"
13 Option "XkbGeometry" "macintosh"
14 EndSection
15
16 It works fine except that I couldn't get the characters that I usually
17 have on Mac Os X using the modifier buttons. As an example, the symbols
18 file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/it, that is the one that I
19 load with the lines above of XF86Config-4, says:
20
21 [...]
22 key <AE04> { [ parenleft, 4 ],
23 [ braceleft, bracketleft ] };
24 [...]
25
26 That means that pressing the correspondent button I get (, pressing
27 shift+it I get 4, and pressing modifier+shift+it I should get { and
28 instead in that case pressing as modifier alt I get again (, pressing as
29 modifier command I get " , and the same happens for different buttons.
30 So I am wondering how it is possible to obviate to this problem, if
31 XF86Config has to be modified, or if there is something different to do
32 to have all the symbols that I need (for example bar, backslash, ...)
33 from my keyboard.
34 Bye,
35 Riccardo
40 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list