From: Ivo Bellin Salarin <iago@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] imac xorg keyboard configuration "@"
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:12:14
Jan Girlich wrote:

>Okay, I tried to use it. But actually I don't understand the way I need >to set up my xorg.conf so taht xorg uses this special keymap. > >man xorg.conf couldn't help me. > >I tried this one. I was just guessing what I should do. > >Section "InputDevice" > Identifier "Keyboard0" > Driver "keyboard" > Option "XkbRules" "xfree86" > Option "XkbModel" "macintosh" > Option "XkbLayout" "de" >EndSection > >No effect. >Jan > >
I've got a similar problem. I've an Italian layout on my keyboard, but I'm not able to set its behavior in a way I can find (AT) character on my keymap. I think this is a problem related to the mapping of Mode_switch or ISO_Level3_Shift. (which are almost the same thing). I would like to map it to the "Apple" key or to the ALT key. In the past I was able to do that, but after reformatting my HD I've lost it. Now I'm playing with xmodmap and xev to gain back to that behavior, but if somebody has some hint, please tell me! :-) Down here you can fnd my section of xorg.conf.. Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Keyboard0" Driver "kbd" Option "XkbLayout" "it" Option "XkbRules" "xorg" Option "XkbModel" "pc105" Option "XkbVariant" "ibook" EndSection -- Ivo -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list