From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] /etc/init.d/apache2 missing, and it should be
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 02:29:37
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Stuart Mathews
<stuart@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
> > Oops spelling mistake : > > #rc-update del apache default > > this is to remove apache reference to your default init script, not postfix > as i originally posted (dangers of copy/paste google!) > >
Stewart, First, thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Unfortunately this command doesn't seem to be the solution. dragonfly ~ # rc-update del apache default * 'apache' not found in any of the specified runlevels dragonfly ~ # Notice that rc-update knows that something is wrong (Broken runlevel entry message) but I haven't determined how to really know what that means. Thanks, Mark dragonfly ~ # rc-update show --verbose * Broken runlevel entry: /etc/runlevels/default/apache2 alsasound | default apcupsd | apmd | bootmisc | boot checkfs | boot checkroot | boot clock | boot coldplug | boot consolefont | boot consolekit | crypto-loop | cupsd | default dbus | default device-mapper | dhcp | dhcrelay | dmcrypt | dmeventd | dnsextd | esound | gpm | hald | halt | hostname | boot hotplug | default in.tftpd | ipx | keymaps | boot lircd | lircmd | lisa | local | default nonetwork localmount | boot mDNSResponderPosix | mdnsd | modules | boot mysql | mysqlmanager | mythbackend | net.eth0 | default net.lo | boot net.wlan0 | netmount | default nfs | nfsmount | noip | nscd | ntp-client | default ntpd | default numlock | portmap | default pwcheck | pydoc-2.4 | pydoc-2.5 | rdate | reslisa | rmnologin | boot rpc.idmapd | rpc.pipefs | rpc.statd | rsyncd | samba | saslauthd | serial | sshd | default svnserve | svscan | syslog-ng | default udev-postmount | urandom | boot vixie-cron | default xdm | default xinetd | dragonfly ~ #