From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo PPC User <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] configuring X on a PM 7500
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:00:07
1 Mark Guertin wrote:
2 > You might try setting a default bit depth of 8, 15 or 16 (15 is
3 > better). I think the 24 bit is the problem, that it cannot do a 24bit
4 > screen. The Mach64 GT is notoriously problematic chipset :(
5 >
6 > Also what video driver are you booting with? If you've set the "no
7 > video driver" option in BootX this will cause you problems as X can't
8 > run with the ati driver if you're running offb. a quick dmesg | grep
9 > fb should tell you what video driver you are using.
10
11 I do have 'No Video Driver' selected in BootX. When I don't, I just get a
12 garbled display at boot.
15 Andrew Gaffney
19 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list