From: "Björn Schöpe" <bjoern.schoepe@×××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] installation problems
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:16:02
1 Hi!
2 I try to install Gentoo on a G4 Dual-1,25 since over 2 months now (!) but
3 I can't boot into the new system, I suppose it's a yaboot config problem,
4 but I'm not completely sure. Also I cannot reboot with "reboot" or
5 "shutdown -r now" and sometimes the livecd does not boot at all but halts
6 after some seconds. As it is a bit complex I posted it with all details
7 (fstab, yaboot.conf, mac-fdisk):
8 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=229744&start=0. Maybe someone has
9 an idea what to do.
10 Oh, it's a 2004.1-LiveCD because the 2004.2 generally did not start, but
11 gave only tons of error messages. Once it started, but later I was not
12 able to create a link to the kernel, it said there was no space left and
13 dmesg showed the same error messages as normally during booting, so I used
14 again the 2004.1 cd.
15 Thanks for all comments and helps (here or in the forum)!
16 -Björn.
19 Composed and sent with Opera on Gentoo Linux
22 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list