From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Missing modules after kernel upgrade
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 03:25:33
> So where did my modules go?
Well, this is a new height in user stupidity. I was browsing through the archives and found a message to this list from *me* that says:
> First of all, when building the kernel the guide says to use "make > vmlinux && make modules_install" so I faithfully followed the instructions. > This built me a kernel with no modules for some reason. So I built a new one > in the fashion I am accustomed to: I did "make && make modules_install". > This time my modules were made, and I copied vmlinux to /boot.
So I have my answer. It raises another question though: Am I the only one who has modules go AWOL when doing "make vmlinux && make modules_install". If so, why? If not, should I be filing a bug against the docs? What's up with that? -d PS: I'm blaming my stupidity on the fact it was about a year ago I built my last kernel on PPC... -- darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..." - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972 -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list