From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Missing modules after kernel upgrade
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 03:25:33
1 > So where did my modules go?
2
3 Well, this is a new height in user stupidity. I was browsing through the
4 archives and found a message to this list from *me* that says:
5
6 > First of all, when building the kernel the guide says to use "make
7 > vmlinux && make modules_install" so I faithfully followed the instructions.
8 > This built me a kernel with no modules for some reason. So I built a new one
9 > in the fashion I am accustomed to: I did "make && make modules_install".
10 > This time my modules were made, and I copied vmlinux to /boot.
11
12 So I have my answer. It raises another question though: Am I the only one who
13 has modules go AWOL when doing "make vmlinux && make modules_install". If so,
14 why? If not, should I be filing a bug against the docs?
15
16 What's up with that?
17
18 -d
19
20 PS: I'm blaming my stupidity on the fact it was about a year ago I built my
21 last kernel on PPC...
22 --
23 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
24 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
25 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
26 --
27 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list