From: Lincoln Rutledge <lrutledge@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] mklinux and nubus PPC install?
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:41:12
1 Howdy,
2
3 I have an ISO image, and have been playing with getting Gentoo to work
4 on a nubus Performa PPC Mac. Actually I've gotten as far as being able
5 to boot into the Yellowdog installer, and I actually have Debian
6 installed and running. I would like to try to get Gentoo going though.
7
8 I searched the list archives, but found nothing there or at
9 http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/ on getting Gentoo going.
10
11 My machine has a 100MHz PPC 603e chip with 32MB RAM and 1.2GB IDE disk.
12 1MB onboard video, model Performa 6620CD.
13
14 I understand it's generally agreed to be the biggest turd Apple ever
15 made, basically an M68k board with a PPC shoehorned on. It's way faster
16 than my Quadra though :)
17
18 I understand that probably all I need is a
19 kernel-and-installer-on-ramdisk image to feed to the MkLinux booter. I
20 already have a good 2.4.27 kernel that works great.
21
22 Any thoughts appreciated,
23
24 Thanks,