From: Pete Peters <ppeters914@×××××.com>
To: "GentooPPC (E-mail)" <gentooppc-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentooppc-user] What Macs are supported?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:32:57
1 I saw a similar question recently asked, but never answered. I'm assuming
2 (which is always dangerous, lol) that any NewWorld Mac (G3 and later) are
3 little or no problem using yaboot. However, what about OldWorld Macs (like
4 my PPC9500) with or without G3/G4 upgrade cards? There's no compatibility
5 list on the web site nor any mention of what Macs are being used as test
6 platforms. Heck, the few posts to this forum almost never state what model
7 Mac the sender has.
8
9 After reading the TuxPPC Review on Gentoo, I'm very curious to try it out. I
10 like the roll-your-own/run-only-what-you-need concept.
11
12 Thanks.
15 Pete
17 Pete Peters <ppeters914@×××××.com