From: Enlightened User <linux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: New install - Unable to get my ppc Mac Mini to boot the root partition
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:43:11
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/yaboot-howto/ch9.en.html

Sections 9.2 and 9.3 show how to boot to the yaboot 'boot:' prompt and
start the kernel with parameters.
Hope that helps you get started.
If you do change the yaboot.conf file don't forget to run ybin to
update the boot partition. I would suggest increasing delay and
timeout values (section 6.6 of the previous web document) so the
default image is not automatically loaded so quickly. You should then
be able to enter something like:
hd:4,/vmlinux root=/dev/sda4 ro
at the boot: prompt.

Another thought would be to remove SCSI support from your kernel
build, unless you have a mac mini with an SCSI interface, you should
not need SCSI support. That should not require any changes to the
yaboot configuration you are currently using.

Barry