From: james toy <jamestoy@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] i've done a bad thing (HA)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 01:19:26
1 ok fellas and ladies ive stooped so low as to letting my passwd file get
2 deleted...wow you all say.. i know WOW so this is what i have done to
3 fix it so far..as you all use gentoo and know there are passwd~ and
4 passwd- so those were correct from before and also i updated my shadow
5 file as well because well thats important too after all was said and
6 done (i emerge sudo even though i don't believe it matters) i used
7 etc-update no problems found however it still says my name is I have no
8 name!@rabbit blah blah$ so when i whoami it gets mad when i do w it
9 knows who i am i just cannot associate and uid with username other than
10 root WHATS THE DEAL?
11 -jt
15 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list