From: "Wolf J. Flywheel" <carl@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] more installation issues - network
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 19:15:13
1 On Sunday 25 May 2003 13:49, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > My PowerMac 7500 has a built-in 10baseT port and an AUII port. Which
4 > one gets activated with the default kernel on the 1.4_rc6 boot CD? I
5
6 In my kernel config, I have:
7
8 #
9 # Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit)
10 #
11 CONFIG_NET_ETHERNET=y
12 CONFIG_MACE=y
13 # CONFIG_MACE_AAUI_PORT is not set
14
15 I saw no reason to bother with the Apple interface, although my 8600 has
16 one as well.
17
18 > have a cable plugged into the built-in 10baseT port and I can't get any
19 > network connectivity, but the light does come on on the hub. I tried
20 > modprobe'ing all the modules in
21 > /lib/modules/whatever/kernel/drivers/net and none of them helped.
22
23 Is this during the installation, or afterward? I believe the most-used
24 networking options are built into the LiveCD kernel, so modprobe would
25 not accomplish anything if the ones you need are built in.
26
27 You say it's plugged into a hub -- is this Mac going to need to go
28 through DHCP, or NAT, or something in order to get an IP? You may be out
29 of the realm of PPC-specific stuff in that case. :)
30
31 As a useless side note, I never figured out how to get local video
32 working on my beige beast, so all of my access is by SSH from another
33 room. :-p
36 // Carl Hudkins :: ICQ 5723399 :: PGP 50238D9E
37 //
38 // "Romulan spies, Romulan spies / Without honor in the Klingons' eyes
39 // Wanna destroy the Enterprise / Romulan spies"
40 // (To the tune of "Particle Man", by They Might Be Giants)
43 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list