From: Ben Ricker <bricker@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Weird problem
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:38:11
1 I emailed the list with an kernel exception getting thrown
2 intermittently. Here is the text of the message:
3
4 kernel bug at page_alloc.c:233
5 Vector:0 at pc=c003382c,lr=c0033826
6 msr-9032,sp=e13bdda0 {e13bdcd8
7 current=e13bc000,pid=1337,comm=fsck.ext3
8
9 I got this with Benh's 2.4.20, 2.4.21, and ppc-sources 2.4.21. Thinking
10 there was a weird deal with gentoo, I tried to install YellowDog 3. I
11 STILL get the exception thrown whenever a there is a major access of the
12 partitions dealing with formatting or checking the drive.
13
14 The drive has two other HFS+ partitions for my OS X and OS 9 systems. It
15 is a 120gig ATA drive in a PowerMac G3 with a G4 upgrade card. I had
16 rougtly the same partition setup on a 40gig HD with no issues.
17
18 Anyone have any idea what is going on? Could it be a hardware issue with
19 the drive?
20
21 Ben Ricker
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list