From: Rod Furey <rod@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] R/O filesystem
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:25:54
1 Okay, I give up. I had a Gentoo 1.4 system on the iMac (400MHz,
2 64Mb, tons of disk space, swap space etc.) but I thought - it's a
3 bit old and I want some new things to try out so I'll upgrade.
4
5 Mistake.
6
7 I've tried the emerge update route, I've tried the 2004.3 CD
8 route. I keep getting a message when I reboot the system
9 after the initial install that my root filesystem is R/O. Or /etc
10 is R/O. Sungle user mode insists that it can't find /dev/hda14.
11
12 I've tried ext2, ext3, reiserfs. Different lists of errors but the
13 same symptom. fstab is ok, yaboot.conf is ok. The Universal
14 CD boots and I can quite obviously get at /dev/hda14 to
15 install things but when the reboot comes along this happens.
16 I've tried jiggling options in fstab as well.
17
18 The only other place I saw something like this on the web was
19 a Japanese Gentoo site but the Babelfish translation of that
20 just tells me that they don't know what the problem is either.
21
22 Obviously I'm missing something. I tried the forums (still
23 awaiting my enrollment confirmation). I've scanned various
24 lists etc. I can't find anything.
25
26 Help? Please?
27
28 If this has been referenced anywhere please point it out
29 and I apologise in advance if it has.
30
31 Many thanks.
32
33 Rod