From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac disk partitions
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 23:50:30
1 On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
2
3 > This is the 800k bootstrap partition, used by yaboot alone (at least
4 > within Linux) and not to be formatted or mounted anywhere. On PowerPC
5 > machines, you shouldn't create a /boot partition. Read the docs, please.
6
7 I figured it out but you really should go back and re-read my post. I did
8 not mention /boot anywhere and YES I DID read the docs so maybe you could
9 be a little less insulting next time?
12 From
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=4#doc_chap3:
14
15 "Second, create an Apple_Bootstrap partition by using b. It will ask for
16 what block you want to start. Enter the number of your first free
17 partition, followed by a p. For instance this is 2p."
20 I already had what looked like a boot partition but I was asking here to
21 make sure I was doing the right thing by ignoring what the docs say in
22 my particular situation (which, as I mentioned, was a machine which
23 already had another distro on it).
26 Sheesh.
30 A
31 --