From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac disk partitions
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 23:50:30

I figured it out but you really should go back and re-read my post. I did not mention /boot anywhere and YES I DID read the docs so maybe you could be a little less insulting next time? From http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=4#doc_chap3: "Second, create an Apple_Bootstrap partition by using b. It will ask for what block you want to start. Enter the number of your first free partition, followed by a p. For instance this is 2p." I already had what looked like a boot partition but I was asking here to make sure I was doing the right thing by ignoring what the docs say in my particular situation (which, as I mentioned, was a machine which already had another distro on it). Sheesh. -- A -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list