From: Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi>
To: Gentoo Linux <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] yaboot --chroot???
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:40:23
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Eric Pretorious wrote:
> I've made it *almost* all the way through the installation on my PB G3 but > can seem to overcome one last obstacle: yaboot. When I run `yabootconfig` > it complains that it "could not determine necessary information" and asks > "Are you using chroot yabootconfig instead of yabootconfig --chroot?"
Sounds familiar. yabootconfig cannot be run inside the chroot environment. Exit chroot and run "yabootconfig --chroot /mnt/gentoo" (assuming you have the chroot environment in /mnt/gentoo). You may have to umount your cdrom first; yabootconfig on my iBook just did nothing forever, until I did that. YMMV. And so it begins... -- Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi> # http://iki.fi/markvall/ -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list