From: Robert Silge <robert.silge@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] circular dependencies during install
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 14:15:00
1 I tried to use gcc 3 as the default by editing the packages file in
2 /usr/portage/profiles/default-ppc-1.0 to be >=gcc-2.95-r5. When I tried to
3 run bootstrap.sh I got an error about circular dependencies. I emerge rsync
4 and the defaults are all restored. Try again. Still circular dependencies.
5
6 The list is too long to retype here, but basically portage 1.9.10 depends on
7 bash and fileutils, fileutils depends on glinc, glibc depends on portage.
8
9 Theres a bunch of other stuff in there, but at first glance that's one loop
10 that jumps out at me.
11
12 How to fix this?
13