From: Robert Silge <robert.silge@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] circular dependencies during install
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 14:15:00
I tried to use gcc 3 as the default by editing the packages file in
/usr/portage/profiles/default-ppc-1.0 to be >=gcc-2.95-r5. When I tried to
run bootstrap.sh I got an error about circular dependencies. I emerge rsync
and the defaults are all restored. Try again. Still circular dependencies.

The list is too long to retype here, but basically portage 1.9.10 depends on
bash and fileutils, fileutils depends on glinc, glibc depends on portage.

Theres a bunch of other stuff in there, but at first glance that's one loop
that jumps out at me.

How to fix this?

-Rob