From: electric-light-heads <imuzik@××××××××××××.jp>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Re:if not with CD-R
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:14:56
well
just about to chroot from debian to install gentoo
but
before that
cannot find out how o mount proc
when i do
mount proc /proc
from debian
ths sytem tell me to mention somthing about the files ystem

what does the "mount proc" in the latter sentence mean?

just writing things to /etc/fstab of gentoo partition is ok?

---things i found on the gentoo www---

You can follow through most of the standard Gentoo install guide now. Make sure
your net connection is working (e.g. put an entry in /etc/resolv.conf); make your
linux filesystem(s) and mount it. Unpack the build tarball onto /mnt/gentoo - note
that if you want to grab an updated tarball now, wget is available - mount proc,
copy over /etc/resolv.conf and chroot in.

----