From: matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:04:33
1 > OK, so I then booted from the hard drive and modified /etc/yaboot.conf
2 > like this:
3 >
4 > image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3
5 > label=2.6.24-gentoo-r3
6 > root=/dev/hda4
7 > partition=4
8 > append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-8@60"
9 > read-only
10 >
11 > Unfortunately when I reboot from the drive this time the monitor is
12 > not stable. Same bad screen I've been getting.
13
14 i assume you ran ybin -v after you changed yaboot.conf ?
15
16 also maybe try video=radeonfb:1024x768 without the bit depth or
17 frequency
18
19 > Here's what I'm seeing in dmesg:
20 > vga16fb: initializing
21 > vga16fb: mapped to 0x000a0000
22 > fb1: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device
23
24 i would remove vga from the kernel, its kinda useless ( at least will
25 be once you figure the is out, right now it is being used as a fall
26 back)
27
28 > So, why is it in a 720x400 mode?
29
30 no idea
31
32 > A couple of other questions. I'm assuming the 'p' or 'i' in the mode
33 > names above are progressive vs. interlace? Should I be including that
34 > in how I describe the name in yaboot.conf?
35
36 yes, i do believe that it is progressive and interlaced. you do not
37 need to specify that in yaboot.conf
38
39 > Also, what are the S, V & U at the start of each mode name?
40
41 i found the file that explained that once, forgot where it is and
42 wish i could remember! i want to know myself.
43
44 matt
45 --
46 gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o mailing list