From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:32:38
Joseph Jezak a écrit :
> > You're probably using an Apple partitioning scheme. In order to read > from Apple partitions, you'll need to have support for that in your > kernel. Turn on: CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED and CONFIG_MAC_PARTITION. In > the future, to make kernel configuration more simple, you should do a > "make defconfig" before configuration. This ensures that you have sane > defaults set. >
Thank you. I changed the options as you suggest. The boot process goes now a little bit further, but it stops on an error of a new type: Mounting /dev for udev The "mount" command failed with error: wrong fstype, bad option, bad superblock on udev, or too many mounted file systems I have noticed, while booting MacOSX, that the phase "waiting for local disks" seems to take an abnormally long time: would the two things be related? I can give my password and get logged in as root, and get a first prompt; then I could try some of the things that are suggested on the Web, only I don't see the result of my commands, because the text in the console does not move and the next prompt does not appear. The only command that has an effect is Ctrl-D, for rebooting. How can I escape from this mess? Chers. Charles -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list