From: Nicholas S-A <nova@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with PowerBook G4
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:11:49
1 Thank you so much. I now works great! I have a few problems (GNOME is
2 failing, PCMCIA does not support CompactFlash memory because memory_cs
3 does not exist) that are not a very big deal. However, my ethernet does
4 not work, which means I cannot update my system and I have to reboot
5 into OSX before I can email. eth0 autostarts, but eth1 does not (I just
6 start it up). they both run, reporting activity. I can ping my router
7 successfully. However, when I try
8 ping www.google.com
9 it says
10 connect: network error (or something like that)
11 It is not a problem with my internet connection because that works fine
12 for OSX and other computers. Any ideas?
13 thanks so much
14 nick