From: David Gurvich <david.gurvich@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Installing Gentoo on a Powermac G5
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:54:08
1 The video should not be a big problem. If you are going to use xorg-7.1, make
2 sure to apply the patch to the ati driver. I could not get xorg.conf set up
3 correctly, until Xorgautoconfig gave me a starting point.
4
5 I haven't used ppc64, but many of the developers are doing so. In fact, I've
6 had to add ppc to ebuilds that had ppc64 in the KEYWORDS, but not ppc. I
7 don't know about mixing ppc32 and ppc64 apps, but perhaps a chroot
8 environment such as that used in amd64 might be possible.
9