From: Carl Hudkins <carl@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] DVD Playback in Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:13:02
1 On Sun July 31 2005 15:16, Mike S wrote:
2
3 > I have used now 3 different distributions, ubuntu, debian, and now
4 > gentoo, and in all of them the same thing has happened, whenever I try
5 > to play a dvd my screen gets a yellowish tint, my teminals that may be
6 > open get distoted colors, (usually red) for the text in them, and it
7 > won't play. Has anyone gotten this to work?
8
9 What color depth are you running X in? I recall having severe problems
10 playing any sort of video in 24-bit color, so then I changed to 16-bit and I
11 have no problems. I do notice that when playing most videos the colors of my
12 desktop background get messed up, but I consider that a trivial problem and
13 ignore it. (In a couple of hours the background changes, anyway.)
14
15 If you run "xine --verbose dvd://" in a command window, do you get any
16 helpful information about what it's doing or where it quits?
19 // Carl Hudkins :: Jabber yther@××××××××.info :: PGP 50238D9E
20 //
21 // ==] What would Jeeves do? [==
22 //