From: Dwaine Molock <dsmolock@×××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] gentoo-ppc on MCP750
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:47:40
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I'm trying to install gentoo-ppc Linux 1.4 on a MCP750 board. I have the 1.2 bootable cd. I noticed that there is a zImage.prep file on the cd. I tried booting the cd using the PPC->Bug command PBOOT 14 50. I get an error message stating that the device does not contain a Bootable Partition. Next, I tried boot the kernel over the network using the nbo command. The kernel loads and executes but it crashes because none of the kernel modules are compiled in. Is there a way to boot the zImage.prep kernel from the cd directly.
4
5 Thanks for you help in advance.
6
7 Dwaine