From: Stuart Mathews <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] /etc/init.d/apache2 missing, and it should be
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 02:58:39
1 Yes. Something like what steve160 mentioned-thanks steve160!
4 Sent from my mobile device.
5
6 On 31 Dec 2008, at 02:41, steve160 <steve160@×××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > I believe apache denotes apache 1.x, and you need to use apache2 to
9 > denote apache 2.x. In other words try:
10 > rc-update del apache2 default
11 >
12 > Otherwise:
13 > Little bit of a wild guess backed up by some detective work, but I
14 > think all you need to do is delete /etc/runlevels/default/apache2
15 >
16 > A bit of detective work shows that all the files in
17 > /etc/runlevels/<runlevel> are links to the /etc/init.d scripts for
18 > whatever is being started. If I understand this correctly, rc-update
19 > is telling you the link doesnt point to anything. Therefore, there
20 > should be no problem if you delete the link.
21 >
22 > Steve
23 >