From: "Konstantin V. Gavrilenko" <mlists@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] pbbuttonsd question
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:42:55
1 I have the same problem as you do, but in my case the ambient lights
2 sensor doesn't work either.
3 This happened after a switch from 2.6.15 to 2.6.16. I think the reasons
4 might be in the I2C module that has been changed.
5
6 In the 2.6.15 it was I2C_KEYWEST while in 2.6.16 it is named I2C_POWERMAC.
7 Wrote an email to the author of the pbbuttons but had no reply. It would
8 be great if we can sort out the problem in this list.
9
10 p.s.
11 machine : PowerBook5,4
12 motherboard : PowerBook5,4 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
13 detected as : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
14
15 pbbuttonsd, version 0.7.5
16 Linux maca 2.6.16-gentoo-r7
17
18 yours,
19 kos
23 Respectfully,
24 Konstantin V. Gavrilenko
25
26 Arhont Ltd - Information Security
27
28 web: http://www.arhont.com
29 http://www.wi-foo.com
30 e-mail: k.gavrilenko@××××××.com
31
32 tel: +44 (0) 870 44 31337
33 fax: +44 (0) 117 969 0141
34
35 PGP: Key ID - 0xE81824F4
36 PGP: Server - keyserver.pgp.com
39 Eric Robertson wrote:
40 > I am running gentoo on a 15" aluminum powerbook. I am using the
41 > 2.6.16.r5 kernel and pbbuttonsd 0.7.4. I have been going over the man
42 > pages & online documentation but cannot figure out how to get the
43 > illuminated keyboard working. pbbuttonsd does not error during load.
44 > The pbbuttonsd.conf file has not been modified from the default at the
45 > moment. i2c-dev is compiled into the kernel, not as a module. The LCD
46 > brightness buttons work but the keyboard light buttons dont. The
47 > ambient light sensor appears to working because the lcd automatically
48 > adjusts brightness when I turn out the lights. There are 8 i2c devices
49 > in /dev.
50 > What dependencies does i2c have? what dependencies does pbbuttonsd have?
51 >
52 > Thanks for your input...
53 >
54 > Eric Robertson