From: matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:15:53
1 > This is my first PPC machine. I have used Gentoo for years as a
2 > user type so I've probably built 30 x86 boxes but never a PPC so I
3 > wasn't sure how to configure the kernel by hand so I swiped the
4 > /proc/config.gz fine from the CD boot environment and pushed it down
5 > into the chroot to use to configure my first PPC kernel. Does that
6 > sound reasonable for a Mac Mini? I ran make oldconfig and just hit
7 > enter until it finished. I figured if that kernel config could boot
8 > the machine from the CD it should be OK for a first kernel from the
9 > hard drive. Would you agree
10
11 the gentoo handbook tells you how to configure the kernel.
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=7
14
15 Code Listing 3.1: Invoking menuconfig
16
17 # cd /usr/src/linux
18 # make pmac32_defconfig
19 # make menuconfig
20
21 the default enables most if not all the ppc options you might need.
22 after you get it working you will probably want to start removing some.
23
24 matt