From: Gerardo Lisboa <gerardolisboa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac disk partitions
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 06:03:53
1 Hi!,
2
3 I've lost your first message so I don't know your specs but here is my
4 experience:
5 1) the bootstrap partition can be used by more than one distro, you
6 should place the various distro info in the yaboot.conf before running
7 ybin (it only has the binaries to make the booting process);
8 2) I have always used a /boot partition in PPC, either OldWorld and
9 NewWorld but formatted as ext2 as yaboot cannot read ext3 (at least on
10 the version I have);
11 3) The several kernels, initrd and System.map for every distribution
12 should be in /boot so it is better if you make it larger than usual;
13 you choose the distro by specifying the root partition and other
14 options (as listed in your yaboot.conf); in that root you will
15 designate the various partitions (specific for each distro or shared
16 by the distros)
17 4) copy the yaboot.conf to /boot everytime you run ybin to help you
18 share the boot conf.
21 Hope it helps.
22 bye!
23 G.