From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: Sean Sullivan <sean@××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] emerges failing
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:34:06
1 On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 08:55:57PM -0500, Sean Sullivan wrote:
2 > On Monday 27 September 2004 07:43 pm, Michael George wrote:
3 >
4 > I had a lot of problems building C++ apps. I found it was because I had
5 > PREEMPT built in to my kernel. Check to see if you have preemptive built in.
6 > I also had some troubles using most of the gcc-3.3.3 builds. When I upgraded
7 > to 3.4.1 I started having great luck.
8
9 I rebuilt my kernel so that it wasn't preemptible and that is helping so far.
10
11 > You might want to list your CFLAGS from /etc/make.conf as well. Certain cflags
12 > can cause some apps to fail.
13
14 Is there a std. procedure for determining if this is the case?
17 -M
18
19 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
20 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
23 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list