From: "Jonny D. Narya" <xanaphia@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] (Possible) new Gentoo user looking for some assistance
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:33:59
1 well i use(d) vlc in OSX. i like it since it played mpeg, divx, and DVDs
2 all in one program. i have seen that it was ported from linux to OS X so i
3 figured the Linux version can only run that much nicer..but this is quite reassuring to hear although i do plan on using the ?1.4?
4 gentoo (not sure what the latest is 1.3 or 1.4)
5 i have read much of the BenH kernel. From what i understand it is THE
6 kernel to use for newer PPC, or the key to making things work as it were..is there a emerge package for this or is it download the raw source and
7 roll your own. i do remember seeing a place that hosted the debs for
8 apt-get of the benh kernel source and binaries, but where would i get the
9 tarballs or a emerge package for it?
10 --
11 `i look inside myself and see my heart is black`
12 `No colors anymore i want them to turn black.`
13
14 FFD[Chesire]m3admrs A C- D H- M P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sf++ RLA/CT/M/AT a21
15 cblm++++$ d++ e+ f++++ h+ iwf+++$ j+ p* sx--
16 > Hello Jonny,
17 >
18 > i have the same Powerbook. I am running Gentoo since April (I am still
19 > running 1.1). It works very fine for me now. I use the latest XFree
20 > and also the BenH kernel.
21 >
22 > Sound and video is no problem at all but i still have some problems
23 > with some DVD's. Some work very good (with Xine or Ogle), some do not.
24 > The Mac OS X DVD player works better but apart from that i am very
25 > happy. The whole system is very fast and stable. I have no performance
26 > problems so far (apart from the DVD stuff).
27 >
28 > Hope this helps
29 >
30 > Lofwyr
33 > --
34 > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
39 This email was sent using the Javatrix's Webmail.
40 http://www.javatrix.net/
45 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list