From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:53:37
1 On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:37 -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > OK - now I'm really baffled - I've tried again but this time I used
3 > genkernel. However, even the genkerneled kernel can't seem to detect my
4 > hard drive! This time I was allowed to drop to a shell and the only hd*
5 > was hda, my cdrom. The thing that's killing me is that the gentoo boot
6 > cd is obviously able to do it, and I even copied the config from that cd
7 > over as per the genkernel instructions, still to no avail.
8
9 Here is another clue that may be found to be interesting by you ppcers -
10 when I boot into the live CD and dmesg, hdc (hard drive) is the last
11 thing to be discovered, and of course happens right after the IDE
12 interface is discovered. I'm wondering why it takes the boot process so
13 long to see my IDE controller...
14
15 Randy Barlow
16 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
17 The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
18 served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never
19 been found. -- Calvin Trillin
22 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list