From: Ben Waltmann <benwaltmann@×××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] iBook G4 questions
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:59:14
1 ?var Arnfj?r? Bjarmason <avarab@×××××.com> illum scripsit:
2 > Hi there, i've recently installed Gentoo GNU/Linux on my 1GHz iBook
3 > and was wondering about what was unsupported and known problems, thus
4 > far i've found out that sleep does not work except through hacks,
5
6 but there is a kind of emulation (pbbuttonsd).
7
8 > how
9 > about audio? I am unable to get audio working both with the OSS and
10 > the ALSA drivers due to dmasound_pmac having some unknown symbols in
11 > the module and therefore refusing to load and in alsa due to the pmac
12 > module accessing a "bad area".
13
14 I have also got an 1Ghz ibook (G4) and it worked fine "out of the box"
15 (I use OSS).
16 Please mail me and I will send you all configuration files you want.
17
18 Bye
21 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~hacker" emerge -p girlfriend >> dreams 2> /dev/null
22 vim -c 'pe VIM::Msg("There is no place like $ENV{'HOME'}");'
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list