From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:10:41
1 On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 18:57 +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
2 > Can you please post the kernel output, which you gather using
3 > netconsole, on an http server? I guess your kernel is missing some
4 > option, but I'm not sure which. Did you only check /dev/hd* or also what
5 > dmesg said?
6
7 I think I may have found the problem --> CMD646! It turns out that I
8 had not enabled support for the IDE interface in the kernel. The lspci
9 output was kind of obscure in helping me with this, but the dmesg of the
10 live CD gave me the clue! Thanks to Michael and to Nathan for your
11 help! I am now inside a shiny new ppc environment on my shiny old G3 :)
12
13 > You copied the actually running config from /proc/config.gz?
14
15 Indeed. Thanks for your help!
16
17 Randy Barlow
18 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
19 The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
20 served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never
21 been found. -- Calvin Trillin
24 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list