From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 00:35:33
1 On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:06 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com> wrote:
5 > if you have radeon why do you have nvidiafb comiled in ?
6
7 Going back to the original statement I made when I started this thread
8 - I had never built a PPC kernel before so instead of creating my own
9 configuration I simply started with the config file that was used by
10 the kernel on the install CD. I can always take things out later. All
11 I was trying to do today was to get the machine to boot and start an
12 emerge -DuN world, and I did that much anyway.
15 > boot with these 3 combinations: ofonly, radeonfb, {none} then for each,
16 > cat /proc/fb and cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name. if the screen is un
17 > readable, then ssh in and find out.
18
19 Will do. The machine is busy for the rest of the evening so that will
20 be tomorrow. Booting with {none} using the install kernel is the same
21 problem I'm having booting my kernel so your idea about saving this
22 data is good. thanks.
25 > also, i assume you are using dvvi with that mac mini. i think those have
26 > only dvi ?
27
28 No, I'm using VGA. My Mini came with a little unit that screws into
29 the DVI port and has a 15-pin VGA connector on the outward side to
30 drive a regular monitor. the monitor worked with OS X on this machine
31 before I blew OS X away today.
34 > the large cd that is 700+ MB has all the packages on it i think. i always
35 > use the smallest one and just download the packages. ( i have a package
36 > cache on my file server so its fast)
37
38 Yeah, I think that's just an oversite on the developer's part. Better
39 that they make a DVD iso image if they need to make it that big or
40 else cut out a few packages. I tried to order anything larger than
41 700MB last night on line and couldn't even find them. No big deal for
42 now. I'm done and the machine is built. From here out the CD hardly
43 matters. (I hope!)
44 >
45 > i dont use k3b, cdrecord. if the cd were bad or wrong, you would not get
46 > this far :)
47
48 Yep.
49