From: Nicky Peeters <nicky.peeters@×××××××.be>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Weird Keyboard problem on a powerbook after install
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:20:00
On Sunday, April 28, 2002, at 10:54 PM, Olivier Reisch wrote:

> type the label of the kernel to boot (eg. linux), followed by a space > and the > argument "keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1". >
It worked ! I was able to type something usefull for once ;-) I was able to change the keymap without recompiling my gentoo , you guys saved me a lot of trouble ! I used the full keymap path in rc.conf and it seems to work great. I've emerged console-data and picked mac-us-ext.kmap.gz as the default keymap. What keymap do you guys use ? This one works, but there seem to be some little quirks : I can't ctrl-c a running process. I can use ctrl-c in nano perfectly. And switching consoles is command-fn F1 instead option-fn F1. Anyway, I'm delighted I can start using my gentoo ! Thanks a lot for your prompt and very helpfull advice Joerg and Olivier. Nicky