From: ArchAngel_Nix <nix@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] My Kernel wont compile
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 06:00:40
1 I am doing a stage 1 install on my PowerMac G4. I have been following
2 the handbook and when I was compiling my kernel this is what I got.
3
4 CC lib/vsprintf.o
5 AR lib/lib.a
6 GEN .version
7 CHK include/linux/compile.h
8 dnsdomainname: Unknown host
9 UPD include/linux/compile.h
10 CC init/version.o
11 LD init/built-in.o
12 LD .tmp_vmlinux1
13 arch/ppc/platforms/built-in.o(.pmac.text+0x604c): In function
14 `core99_wake_up':
15 : undefined reference to `openpic_suspend'
16 arch/ppc/platforms/built-in.o(.pmac.text+0x6184): In function
17 `core99_wake_up':
18 : undefined reference to `openpic_resume'
19 make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
20
21 It seems like everything else before it was working fine. I have tried
22 to install both stage 2 and 3 and they always fail on the kernel. I
23 didn't even turn off/on things unless the Handbook said to.
24
25 Any suggestions? Thanks.
29 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list