From: "Jörg Lühmann" <lofwyr@×××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Re: rsync not working.
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 04:16:20
1 Thats right Cliff. I was a bit confused by this also. I found no
2 documentation about this problem. So, I installed suse first, created the
3 partitions and could use them for gentoo.
4 Another problem i encountered: During emerge system, the buildung of rsync
5 fails, leading to an abort of emerge system. Remember, i used a library of
6 suse to fix the earlier problem with rsync. Maybe this has something to do
7 with it. Or rsync is just broken.
8
9 Solution: put rsync out of the buildung process for emerge system. rsync is
10 already available in the newest version. Why build a new one? In order to do
11 so you have to edit the packages file in the
12 /usr/portage/profiles/default-ppc directory. Just delete the star in front
13 of *net-misc/rsync.
14
15 Oh, BTW: mac-fdisk is available after emerge sync :-)
16
17 Have fun
18
19 Joerg
20 ----- Original Message -----
21 From: "Cliff Crawford" <cjc26@×××××××.edu>
22 To: <gentooppc-user@g.o>
23 Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 7:21 AM
24 Subject: [gentooppc-user] Re: rsync not working.
27 > Just so you know, it looks like mac-fdisk isn't on the latest .iso either.
28 > (Kinda makes it hard to install when you can't even partition your hard
29 > drive ;)
32 > --
33 > Cliff Crawford :: cjc26 at cornell dot edu
35 > gentooppc-user mailing list
36 > gentooppc-user@g.o