From: JOAN MASSICH VALL <u1048183@××××××××××.es>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with PowerBook G4
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:05:52
1 Hello, I'm Sik and I want to ask you some questions:
2
3 I have a PbG4 867MHz 12" (with a nvidia) and I can't have running the
4 airport and MOL.
5 Your TI-Book have a radeon or a nvidia? Because I only can take 8bits of
6 color with MOL and I can see any thing.
7
8 The second one is about the airport, it's the old one 11Mbps?
9
10 > hello,
11 > I have installed Gentoo PPC (2005.1) on my 800 Mhz Titanium PowerBook
12 > G4 successfully (it boots). I have some problems, however, and I was
13 > wondering if anyone could help me. As it stands, I can not do the
14 > following which I would like:
15 > 1) I cannot configure ethernet (on eth0) or airport (on eth1, wifi1,
16 > and wlan1). after running "alias eth0=sungem" and "alias eth1=airport",
17 > "alias wifi1=airport", and "alias wlan1=airport", I still cannot
18 > connect using net.eth0 and net.eth1, etc, config and ifup eth0/ifup
19 > eth1. It says (I am booted into OSX now because I cannot get mail from
20 > Gentoo, so this might be a little off):
21 > ifconfig: eth0: device not found
22 > or something like that. The same goes for eth1. Is there a guide
23 > somewhere that I could read about configuring ethernet and airport
24 > under gentoo?
25
26 > 4) This is a question about Mac-On-Linux. I was wondering how to
27 > install and run it. I have it installed, but when I run what it says to
28 > on the man pages, I get some errors about the display, and I think the
29 > OSX partition (I am really sorry I am so vague, but I forgot it since
30 > running MOL is not as high a priority right now as getting my linux
31 > system configured). It does the same thing when run in an xterm or
32 > Terminal Window (GNOME).
35 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list