From: Dan Persons <dan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Clock Speed (not CPU)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:02:30
1 Hi. I've been watching this list for a while but never posted. I've
2 searched forums, googled, asked on IRC, etc for a month or two, with no
3 results.
4
5 I have gentoo running on a Powerbook 12" (867mhz), and here is the biggest
6 problem I'm having:
7
8 My clock is 1.2 seconds per minute fast. There are no jumps, the clock is
9 completely even, it's just fast. The hardware clock (/proc/driver/rtc) is
10 fine, it's always exactly on time. I've tried ntpd and for some reason
11 that doesn't work. I don't know why, it doesn't put anything in the log
12 except when I start/stop it. At the moment I am using ntpdate every
13 minute with my ntp server, but obviously that's not a solution. It's a
14 laptop, it doesn't always have the internet. When I try telling ntpdate
15 to use the adjtime option (-B) it does nothing, even if I leave it for
16 days. I heard that the program "clockspeed" would fix this exact
17 problems, but it seems that doesn't work for PPCs.
18
19 I basically just need some way to keep my system time exact with my
20 hardware time.
21
22 Thanks for reading,
23 -dan