From: phriedrich <phriedrich@×××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] how to install gentoo with livecd kernel file on ibook G3?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:54:37
1 Hi,
2
3 the pre-compiled kernel (which the cd boots from) is placed in
4 the /boot-directory of the cd, I believe.
5
6 You can copy it from there to your mounted gentoo-partition.
7
8 Maybe you also should copy the initrd/initramdisk from this directory
9 and the /lib/modules-dir.
10
11 And of course, you need to add it to yaboot manually.
12
13 But I've to say, this kernel is pretty generic, and won't fit your
14 hardware in an optimal way.
15
16 I only used it as a fallback-option once, when I remote-set up a
17 headless
18 system and it worked so far, but better build your own kernel.
19
20 Regards,
21 Friedrich

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature